how to send a calculated number field (JIRA Misc Custom Fields ) via a script runner email

mel vega January 5, 2016

Hi,

I used the JIRA Misc Custom Fields to create a calculated number field. I also have Script runner plugin.

I want to send a custom email via a script runner post-function indicating the value of the calculated number field named Total cost.

When i preview the email, I do have the value of the Total cost field but when I get the email, the value is set as null next to the Total cost field. i tested with some standard number field and it perfectly works. So I assume that the calculated number field are not supported by the script runner email.

Would you have a solution as I need to automatically send the total cost to my client when I move the issue via a specific transition.

hope I'm clear

Thanks in advance for your help

Melissa

5 answers

0 votes
lykaibernardo January 14, 2016

Hello Jaime / Thanos,

I am working with mel vega on this custom template. We have tried your suggestions but still it's not working. We also tried the following because it seems like the calculated field does not work well with the custom template actual email: 1) Added the "Copy Value From Other Field" so the calculated field (Total Number of MD Time & Material) value will be copied to a number field (Total Number of MD Time & Material (NUM)) 2) Created a custom script post-function so the calculated field (Total Number of MD Time & Material) value will be copied to a number field (Total Number of MD Time & Material (NUM)) But still, we are getting "null" for this fields on the actual email. I have noticed that even though we are using the post function to copy the value of calculated field to a number field, the value of the calculated field is not being copied. And if we set a temporary value on the number field, the value of this number field is being cleared after clicking the transition. Can you please advise if this is a plugin limitation for now or if you can suggest other things to make this work?

Thanks,

Lyka

Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2016

Hi Lyka,

I found this https://innovalog.atlassian.net/browse/JMCF-5 may relates to your issue ("unfortunately, calculated fields are only shown on "view" screens, not "edit" or "transition" screens (because they are not editable)"). I saw you raised a support ticket therefore we will continue there.

Kind regards

0 votes
mel vega January 5, 2016

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried your suggestion but I still don't have in the email I receive the value of the total cost which should be 9 for example while the value is visible on the preview email.

mel vega January 5, 2016

By the way, to be more precise, when I receive a notification email from Jira after updating the fields used to calculate the total cost field, I do see the update on those fields but not the new value of the total cost

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2016

If it works in the preview but the actual email doesn't work, this is normally caused by using the dollar character. Try to use this: <% out << issue.assignee?.displayName %> rather than ${issue.assignee.displayName} For instance at the beginning where you include the issue type. Can you also try with a ScriptRunner script field. I don't see why the JMWE field would not work, but just to try to narrow down the problem...

mel vega January 7, 2016

Hi Jamie, I tried with a scriptrunner script field and teh result is the same : I do see the result of the sum in the preview email but not in the real email I get. do you think that I have to format something in the email configuration ? thanks and sorry to insist but I really need to be able to automatically send this piece of info to my client

0 votes
mel vega January 5, 2016

Hi ,

sure! here you are tehe email template

Dear <% out << issue.getCustomFieldValue(componentManager.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Requestor")) %>,

Here the estimated cost(s) the Issue $issue.issueType.name $issue.key $issue.summary you have raised :

Total Number of MD Time & Material :  <% out << issue.getCustomFieldValue(componentManager.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Total Number of MD Time & Material ")) %>,

Total Number of MD Fixed Price : <% out << issue.getCustomFieldValue(componentManager.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Total Number of MD Fixed Price ")) %>,

Total Number of MD Fixed Rate : <% out << issue.getCustomFieldValue(componentManager.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Total Number of MD Fixed Rate  ")) %>

Collateral/Billing Cost (T&M): <% out << issue.getCustomFieldValue(componentManager.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Collateral/Billing Cost (T&M) ")) %>

Regards, <% out << issue.assignee?.displayName %>

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2016

You seem to have trailing spaces on the end of your field names in the email template - do they actually have those trailing spaces? For the example calculated field you gave, you could just replace it with: issue.getCustomFieldValue(componentManager.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObject("customfield_12345") ?: 0) %> because all it seems to be doing is replacing a null with a zero.

0 votes
mel vega January 5, 2016

Hi Thanos,

thanks for your answer.

Could you tell me where to find or how to set up the string representation? (sorry I'm new in this!)

here you are the text I see when I click on the Preview button in the "send custom email " script post-function:

Body    
Dear melissa,

Here the estimated cost(s) the Issue !Test! -Issue type Change  CHG-1023 test hidden fields-internal ticket you have raised :

Total Number of MD Time & Material :  15.0,

Total Number of MD Fixed Price : 0.0,

Total Number of MD Fixed Rate : 0.0

Collateral/Billing Cost (T&M): 3.0

Regards,
Melissa Vega

and the final email I get :

Dear melissa,

Here the estimated cost(s) the Issue !Test! -Issue type Change  CHG-1023 test hidden fields-internal ticket you have raised :

Total Number of MD Time & Material :  null,

Total Number of MD Fixed Price : null,

Total Number of MD Fixed Rate : null

Collateral/Billing Cost (T&M): 3.0

Regards,

Melissa Vega

And i don't know if it can help here you are my custom field

image2016-1-6 10:20:26.png

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2016

Melissa Could you please also paste your send custom email post function configuration screen ?

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2016

Hi Melissa

Did you try to get the string representation ( for example String.valueOf(0.1f) )? What type is the value of the custom field (double, float, int ?)

Suggest an answer