how to retrieve the hyperlink between issues?

Matheus Camargo October 2, 2017

Good afternoon, I'm trying to make a select in the jira's bank, in the customvalue table to bring the textarea data, my doubt is how the jira transforms a text field into a hyperlink to another issue.
And how can I retrieve this hyperlink?duvida.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2017

If I understand your question, you are looking to find how Jira is creating the hyperlink from this text field that contains an issue key.   The actual hyperlink is not stored in the database of Jira.  Instead Jira is actually using field renderers in order to match any issue keys that match existing issues in the jira instance and then automatically creating a hyperlink for them.

This is explained in the documentation Configuring renderers.

So if this is a text field, and you query the customfieldvalue table, I'm sure you would find a value in there that contains the string 'METRICAS-3566', but this would only be in plain text.  It is the renderer for text fields that is converting this into a hyperlink.  As such I don't think there is a clear way to retrieve the specific link from the database. 

If this is not a text custom field, please let me know what kind of custom field "ID Metricas - Detalhada" is.   It might be possible that other plugins in Jira could create different field types that might be storing data in the database differently.

I hope this helps.

Suggest an answer