how to restrict a spesific user, who has permission to create an issue, to create a sub-task or clonning the issue

Filiz Sarikurt February 12, 2014

I want some of my users to have permision to create an issue but not want them to have allowance creating a sub-task or clone an issue which has been already created.

Does giving a permission to any user for creating an issue mean giving them allowance creating a sub-task and cloning?

3 answers

0 votes
Aaron Sterr October 30, 2014

We have similar issues with cloning In a couple of projects.  Users clone an issue, but then do not have edit permissions to modify key details.  We have good reasons for not granting edit permissions in those projects and we expect our users to "remember" that they should not clone in those projects.

I understand that clone would not be permitted if we remove the "create issues" permission, but we do want our users to be able to create new issues in those projects.

Would it be possible to make the "clone" action depend on both "create issues" and "edit issues" permissions?  

That would solve most of our problem with regards to cloning.

Thank you,

Aaron

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2014
Filiz Sarikurt February 18, 2014

I can see that there are issues and questions about the same subject but there is no solution. Suggested solution's -adding validator- consequeances -allow users to fill whole screen and say them sorry at the end- are not desirable. There must be another user friendly solution.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2014

you can hide the crea subtask option from issue operations menu, check the following Q

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/212735/is-it-possible-to-show-create-sub-task-option-to-only-particular-group

0 votes
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2014

Hi,

Have a look on https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/53683/can-you-create-a-permission-for-subtask-creation

This requirement can be achieved with workaround only. Add a Validator to the 'Create' transition to restrist the user/group to create sub-tasks.

Hope this helps you,

Thanks,

Patina

Suggest an answer