how to remove two assignee fields from issue type?

Akanksha May 6, 2022

i am witnessing two assignees in my task  field, when i go for custom configuration i dont find 

3 answers

1 vote
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2022

Hi @Akanksha 

All fields assigned to you project you should find in Screen tab in project administration. Please check screen assigned to View Screen.

Regards,

Seba

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2022

This sounds like an inexperienced admin has added a custom field called "assignee", something you should never do.  If this is a company-managed project, an admin should go to Admin -> Issues -> Custom fields, find "assignee" on the list and rename it to "not the assignee" or something.  For a team-managed project, it's project settings -> issue types -> list of fields.

0 votes
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2022

Hi Akanksha,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

This is strange behavior. Do you use Atlassian Cloud (domain xxx.atlassian.net) or server (your own working domain)? Aren't you confusing Assignee and reporter?

Pavel

Suggest an answer