how to prevent post function from sending extra email

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2015

JIRA - 6.3.1

Script Runner plugin - 3.0.7

I've got a Scripted Post Function that adds a Comment to the issue as it is Resolved. This works fine but it causes multiple emails, one for the Comment (as an update) and then the Resolution of the issue.

Is there anyway to have the Comment added as part of the Resolution transition?

I based my script off of an example from the Script Runner page and I only modified adding the Reporter to the comment content.  Here is the code:

import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.comments.CommentManager
import com.opensymphony.workflow.WorkflowContext
import org.apache.log4j.Category

String currentUser=((WorkflowContext)transientVars.get("context")).getCaller(); 
String reporterUser = issue.getReporter().getDisplayName() 
commmgr=(CommentManager)ComponentManager.getComponentInstanceOfType(CommentManager.class) 
commmgr.create(issue, currentUser, reporterUser +", this issue has been resolved. Please verify work is completed and then CLOSE the issue.", true)
issue.store()

This works as I said but it just sends that extra email.

Thanks,

Jon 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2015

Pass "false" instead of "true" in the last argument of "create" method.

commmgr.create(issue, currentUser, reporterUser +", this issue has been resolved. Please verify work is completed and then CLOSE the issue.", false)
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2015

The last argument determines whether to raise an event for the new comment or not.

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2015

Thanks!

Suggest an answer