how to notify Service Desk customer on status change

Topicus June 14, 2016

Hi all,

I'm having trouble notifying my Service Desk customers on status change. As per documentation (https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver030/configuring-service-desk-notifications-761768809.html) SD notifies on several conditions, but this lacks on status change notification.

I added post-functions with a specific event on several status changes for a tryout, which I thereafter entered in the notification scheme to notify the reporter. This doesn't work however. I'm a bit lost now on how to continue, so all help is very much appreciated.

Further info: globally configured SD notifications are enabled (as we have multiple service desks), I run a JIRA server  with SD 3.latest.

Highest regards!

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2016

Customers do NOT use the Notification Scheme. Customers will not be notified by events. 

Customers should be notified of ANY customer facing change. Have you verified that you aren't receiving this email?

Topicus June 14, 2016

Hi Steven, thanks for your reaction. This has been verified. Lookin in detail in the notification documentation (URL listed in my orginal message) Atlassian states"

When a customer submits a request, they receive email notifications as the issue reporter when:

• the request is created
    • a comment is added to the request
    • another participant is added to the request
    • the request is resolved with a set resolution field
    • the request is reopened with a cleared resolution field

So I concluded, status changes do not trigger messages. Strange for I recall this to work in SD 2.x.

Any other thoughts?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2016

I saw the documentstion, but my point is still valid. If a customer facing change occurs (status changes from waiting on support to resolved) then the customer will receive and email. 

Perhaps the documentstion is misleading you. 

Topicus June 15, 2016

Steven, the example you're describing aligns with the 4th documentation bullet I listed that does lead to a notification. (which also works on my end)

Do you have an instance where you do not set or clear a resolution but do a status change however, which in turn leads to a notification? plz clarify, and thanks again!

Suggest an answer