how to migrate Custom System To JIRA.

tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2014

Hello All,

I am Planning to Move custom Issue Tracking system To JIRA Now.At the movement we do have around 26000 + issues in Custom Tracking system with attachments,Comments,and some details.

I would like to know which would be the best way to move all issues from custom system to the JIRA.

Thank you,

Tousif Shaikh.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2014
That highly depends on your system. But the easiest way in most circumstances is to export data of your system to csv file (one row per issue, one column per field) and import csv using jira importer
tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2014
I have attachment , comments, history ,watcher and voter which is best solution u suggest....
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2014

Mmm, CSV isn't going to cut it for that, you're going to need to think about converting your data to Jira's import XML, or writing Jelly scripts to do it. Or another format that Jira can import from

Suggest an answer