how to mention a jira bug in JSD comments?

Davide Paleari February 19, 2015

I would like to mention a bug issue in the comments of JIRA Service Desk requests. Is it possible and how?

Thank you,

best regards 

1 answer

1 vote
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2015

Hi Davide, 

Yes, that is possible. Though, only agents and collaborators who have access into that JIRA project and the JSD project will be able to access it. E.g.: If you paste the link of this bug on a JSD ticket in a visible comment to the customer, s/he will see page unavailable. To view the bug, people will need permission to do so.

To add it on a comment you can just paste the URL on it, or you can use the 'Link' feature to link both tickets. smile

Hope this helps. Cheers!

Davide Paleari February 19, 2015

Hi Elisa, thank you very much for your feedback. I'm able to link the request to a JIRA bug, but if I paste the bug url, then I don't see it in the "mention" style, that is with the bug icon, title and status enlightened (like they appear when atlassian support post them in a comment)

Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2015

Oh, I see. That feature is only available if you have JIRA and Confluence integrated and you paste the ticket on Confluence. Unfortunately such thing is not available for JIRA yet.

Suggest an answer