You can modify the field's behavior to make is required:
To modify the behavior of a set of fields in a field configuration:
- Log in as a user with the JIRA Administrators global permission.
- Choose >Issues. Select Fields > Field Configurations to open the View Field Configurations page, which lists all your field configurations.
Keyboard shortcut: g + g + start typing field configurations
- Locate the field configuration of interest and click the Configure link to open the View Field Configuration page, which lists all system and custom fields in your JIRA installation for that field configuration.
- The Edit link only allows you to change the Name and Description of the field configuration, not of individual fields.
- Note that the Edit link is not available for the Default Field Configuration on the View Field Configuration page (listing all field configurations defined in your JIRA installation).
- In the Operations column, you can perform the following actions for any field:
- Edit — change the field's description (i.e. help text).
- Hide/Show — hide the field from view or show it.
- Require/Optional — set a field to be required (so that whenever a field is edited it must be given a value) or optional.
- Renderers — change a field's renderer (see Configuring Renderers for more information).
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG