how to make calendar starts from monday

Arman Kurmanay August 17, 2016

Now work week starts from sunday

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I found solution. In global configuration, Look and feel there is "Use ISO8601 standard in Date Picker" must be enabled.

PP December 1, 2017

Unfortunately, either it does not work in Cloud instances (or just for me, when logged as the JIRA owner) - there is no checkbox for "Use ISO8601 standard in Date Picker". There is only a link to the documentation.

cloud_no_iso_checkbox_in_dates.png

0 votes
Thomas Witzenrath June 24, 2020

I stumbled over this today while deploying Jira in Kubernetes, since the official container defaults to an american locale.

Setting "Use ISO8601" did partially fix the problem, but in the com.atlassian.jira.ext.calendar gadget the problem still existed (weeks started on sunday).

For me this was fixed by setting the following environment variable for the container:

JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS="-Duser.language=de -Duser.country=DE"

Hopefully this saves someone a few minutes of guesswork.

0 votes
Stefan Arnold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2016

You can change this in board configuration window. Hope the screenshot helps. dont know if there is an global option, only found options to change working hours per day and working days per week.

So i think change in board is only option but would be cool to know if somebody knows more

jira_workingDays.png

Thanks, but it's not my case, I have settings like yours

Suggest an answer