how to limit users to be able to do assignee to only few users

dani dani March 19, 2013

Hi,

I have a project with external user and internal users and I need that the external user will see only few of the internal users and not all of them.

i mean, if he create new issue so he will be able to do asignnee to some internal users and some not.

how can I do that?

thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2013

You can't natively. Either an assignee is in the list, or they are not (because the permissions say so). The field does not care who is trying to assign the issue, other than that they have the permission to assign issues.

Your options are

1. Find or write a replacement field plugin which is aware of the user doing the assigning, and can limit the assignee list (for full Jira functionality, you'd actually then put the result into the standard assignee field)

2. Writing some javascript to narrow the list

dani dani March 19, 2013

thanks for the reply. it's too bad there is no such option natively.

I don't want to start writing scripts since I don't really have experience with that so if someone already wrote something like this before or know where can I find i will be glad to know.

Suggest an answer