how to limit link type according to issue type ?

Bastien
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2013

Hi all,

I would like to limit linking capabilities according to the issue type :
If I'm viewing an issue type A, i want to be able to link with another (existing !) issue with the link type A only.
And if I'm viewing an issue type B, i want to be able to link with another issue with the link type B only.

Is it possible in Jira ? Or is there a plugin to do so ?

PS : I know Exocet plugin can add links to create new issues from an issue, according to its type and / or status, but I want this specification for link with existing issues, and not only new issues.

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user February 26, 2013

Dear Bastien,

as far as I know, there is currently no way of doing this.

If you, like us, need this feature, tell Atlassian by voting for this issue:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-9634

This related issue may be worth voting as well:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-16325

Right now, I think you could only completely disable issue linking for this project and then create links through the workflow:

Hope that helps,

Jonathan

0 votes
Support [Develocenter] October 26, 2015

Hi,

we have released Extended Schemes for JIRA add-on which allows to manage Link Types for Issue Types and Projects the way as you expected. Plugin also provides schemes for Priorities and Resolutions including default value settings.
Please try it, we would love to hear your feedback.

Regards, Develocenter Support

brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2019

+1 for this

Suggest an answer