It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

how to keep jira field mandatory at time of resolve issue not for a create ticket

i need to make the Resolution Reason field mandatory at time of resolve issue . Please note the field should be displayed in the screen of Resolved tickets, not Ticket at a time of  Creation of ticket . but when i tried to required field than it should be mandatory in at time of creation and resolve screen both.

2 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt Community Leader Dec 13, 2019

you need a plugin that allows you to require a field during a transition and need to put the field on the transition screen. I use JIRA Suite Utilities (JSU). Behaviors also has that ability. 

hi  @Joe Pitt  thanks for answer could you please tell me that how i can make resolve issue field mandatory only and can you please let me know if i made resolve issue field mandatory so it will also mandatory for create issue ticket ?? or yeah it won't effect create issue ticket field 

Joe Pitt Community Leader Dec 13, 2019

If you mean the Resolution field, it is ALWAYS required anytime it appears on any screen except the view screen.  that is why you should NEVER put the resolution field on any screen except the transition screen for closing (resolving) the issue.

I was under the impression you wanted the field for the reason to be required. For that you need a plugin. If you flag the field as required in the field configuration scheme is is required upon creation. If you update the field configuration and add a new required field any issues you edit controlled by that field configuration will now be required. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you