how to install Velocity processed Message Custom Field (for view) in JIRA 5.0

Naganandu Bingi March 28, 2013

hi,

i am very new to 'Jira' , recently i installed 'jira 5.0', i don't find by default 'Velocity processed Message Custom Field (for view)' & 'Velocity processed Message Custom Field (for edit)' fields in the custom fields area. please guide me , how to install this fields in 'Jira 5.0' ?

thanks in advance.

regards,

B.Naganandj

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2013

Two layers to this one...

1. The velocity fields are in a plugin called the Jira Toolkit, so you should be looking to install that

2. The velocity fields from that plugin were removed for security reasons.

Your non-coding options are to accept the security risk (not recommended) and install an older version of the plugin, or to use message fields instead (which are not as useful because they don't do velocity...)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2013

As I already said, you can risk installing an old insecure version of the plugin, which then cannot be ugpraded (and will eventually stop working in later versions of Jira), OR you can drop the usage of the fields and do something else.

Unless you are willing to do some coding.

Naganandu Bingi March 28, 2013

if jira 5.0 is not support, these fields, how to manage & what are the options have, when upgrade jira 4.x.x to jira 5.0

Suggest an answer