how to index jira project

YassineM January 13, 2015

How can i index only one specific JIRA project?

3 answers

1 vote
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2015

Hi Yassine, 

You can reindex a single project by:

1. Visit the project
  2. Click on the administrator tab
  3. Click on the gray Actions button >> Reindex project

That should do the trick! smile

Cheers!

Fadoua Boualem October 6, 2015

Hi Elisa,

What does a project re-indexing do exactly please?

Best,

Fadoua Boualem

Piyush_Annadate March 15, 2016

re-indexing a single project - does that affects projects performance (accessing project while re-indexing)?

Prashant Mali
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2018

If we start two re-indexing simultaneously , Does it impact on JIRA performance?

Thanks in Advance.

Piyush_Annadate July 27, 2018

re-indexing application simultaneously - not possible.; but re-indexing project can.

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2018

@Piyush_Annadate It is possible.

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2018

@Prashant Mali Depends on the amount of data those two projects would contain. 

Piyush_Annadate July 27, 2018

just updated my comments- thought about jira app re-indexing. I did re-indexing project with 3k, 9k and 1k - no issues for me with performance at any node.

Prashant Mali
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2018

Thanks for update...

0 votes
Timothy Bassett December 12, 2020

Just to clarify here, this is not relevant for current JIRA as reindexing does not exist.  

0 votes
Sam July 15, 2020

Hello YassineM, to re-index a specific project, you would navigate to the project in question, click on "Project Settings", and then click "Re-index project". You should then see a button that says "Start project re-index". Click on that button, and confirm you want to start the project re-index.

That should allow you to re-index that particular project. Please let me know if that helps!

Suggest an answer