how to import jwb file for custom workflow

Ajay Kumar December 20, 2016

hi,

I have a workflow JWB file, however I dont see a option to import that file into JIRA. I can see only Create New and Import from Market place. Can you suggest me where is the option to import the local JWB file.

Regards,

Ajay

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2016

It's not possible to directly import workflows in the Atlassian Cloud environment.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-import-a-workflow-into-a-jira-cloud-application-779160755.html

Deleted user July 5, 2018

I was able to import a workflow in Jira Cloud previously, but I dont see the option now?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2018

As the link I posted indicates, the ability has been restricted or removed.

Like Deleted user likes this
Victor Vucicevich January 3, 2019

But.. why? 

Like Justin Whitehead likes this
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2019

Because they are functionally different. As the linked page clearly states, only workflows from the Marketplace may be installed into Cloud environments.

Suggest an answer