how to hide or show a field without using any code?

Jayant Bhoge January 12, 2015

I am using JIRA 5.2 version. Now I would like to show/hide a test filed based on the Selected value in the above list.

Is there any way/ setting that enables this functionality? I want to avoid to add JavaScript code for this.

Thanks

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2015

Not unless there is a plugin in the marketplace. JIRA doesn't offer that feature.

1 vote
Daniel Bajrak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2015

Plugin Dynamic Forms show/hide fields depends on value in select field (dynamic select customfield). It is very easy to use. I think this is exactly what you are looking for. There is a version 1.3 for JIRA 5.2.

Documantation: http://plugins.intenso.pl/display/PLUG/Dynamic%20Forms

Jayant Bhoge January 13, 2015

I am adding below code in the Description of the Custom Field. If I put alerts, I could see them when the change is being saved but when I open a New Creat Issue screen, it neither show alerts nor the functionality is working nor I could see the JavaScript code added into the view source code. Please advice: (I am using version 5.2.1) <script> AJS.$(document).ready(function(){ AJS.$("select[name=customfield_15366]").change(function () { var length = document.getElementsByName("customfield_15366")[0].options.length; var optionObjs = document.getElementsByName("customfield_15366")[0].options; var flag = 0; for(i=0;i <length;i++){ if(optionObjs[i].selected && ((optionObjs[i].text == "Other"))){ flag = 1; } } if (flag == 1) { document.getElementById("customfield_15552").style.display = "block"; } else { document.getElementById("customfield_15552").style.display = "none"; document.getElementsByName("customfield_15552")[0].value = ""; } }); });</script>

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2015

Use the quisapps "field security" addon, or the script-runner/behaviour plugin (although that's not quite what it is intended for, and you will need some coding).

0 votes
Jayant Bhoge January 13, 2015

I am adding below code in the Description of the Custom Field. If I put alerts, I could see them when the change is being saved but when I open a New Creat Issue screen, it neither show alerts nor the functionality is working nor I could see the JavaScript code added into the view source code.
Please advice: (I am using version 5.2.1)
<script> AJS.$(document).ready(function(){     AJS.$("select[name=customfield_15366]").change(function () {     var length   =  document.getElementsByName("customfield_15366")[0].options.length;    var optionObjs   =   document.getElementsByName("customfield_15366")[0].options;     var flag = 0;    for(i=0;i <length;i++){        if(optionObjs[i].selected && ((optionObjs[i].text == "Other"))){        flag = 1;       }        }     if (flag == 1)        {           document.getElementById("customfield_15552").style.display = "block";        }        else        {           document.getElementById("customfield_15552").style.display = "none";           document.getElementsByName("customfield_15552")[0].value = "";        }     });   });</script>

0 votes
Jayant Bhoge January 12, 2015

Could you please suggest any plug-in for JIRA 5.2 version?

Suggest an answer