how to give permission to all in order to change an original filter

JIRA Plugin Developer July 5, 2014

Hello to all,

I want to share Permission, so that everyone can change a filter (e.g. query change) and save it as the original one.

At the moment the filter is accessable (SharePermission set to GLOBAL) for everyone, but indeed only the owner can make changes on the original filter.

All other user only can change and save it as a copy.

Is there way to give writing permissions to all?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2014
You will need to amend the core code that handles the filter protection. Personally, I think your use case is wrong. If I create and save a filter, it is most likely because I think it is useful for my reasons, and there is absolutely no way I want anyone messing with it. You could easily break all sorts of things, and it is a fantastically bad idea to let most users break other people's stuff
JIRA Plugin Developer July 6, 2014

amend the core code

means you are definetly not able to give writing permissions to all by simply using the JIRA API 6.2.7?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2014

Correct, because the ability would be a disaster for users, there's no code to provide it.

Suggest an answer