how to get the estimation summary in search issues?

Erik Liu April 7, 2016

when i query issues, and want to get the summary for 'original estimaion' of each issue.

4 answers

0 votes
Erik Liu April 10, 2016

Thanks Aleks.

I found one plugin  named 'sumUp' , and i am discussing with users to use it.

Thanks

Erik Liu

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2016

By "estimation summary", do you mean "sum of estimates"? 

I ask for clarification because "estimation summary" sounds like it is a text field to me.  For example "I put 4 hours down for the estimate because I think we can do this in half a days work".

0 votes
Erik Liu April 7, 2016

Thanks Aleks.

it is not used after i add 'summary ~ "original estimaion"'.

I want to know these issues 's total 'original estimate'. 

A add-on for it is OK too.

Thanks again.

Aleks Yenin (Polontech)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2016

Erik,

The jql query  'summary ~ "original estimaion"' is to show the issues which summaries contain string "original estimaion". Do you mean you need to sum up all original estimated hours for all issues which summary contains string "original estimaion"?
 have a look on article https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/advanced-searching-179442050.html 

0 votes
Aleks Yenin (Polontech)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2016

you should in JIRA (JQL) line for issue search write the following statement:
summary ~ "original estimaion"
As a result the issue with summary that contains 'original estimaion'

Suggest an answer