how to get list of uncategorized jira projects

sanan sanan January 12, 2018

Hi , can someone help me form any query or curl command, which ever is more preferable, to get the list of projects which are not categorized. 

we have huge list of projects. many are categorized and many not....

Administrative project list does not give any options to sort on project categories and hence show every thing mixed.

any help will be appreciated.

thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2018

Hi

I'm using the new UI on the cloud version and when I go to the list of projects, each header item is clickable to sort ascending or descending, so I've sorted by category as shown below

Picture0002.jpg

I'm not sure if the server version have this

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2018

It does. And the plain list of projects for the end user is what I would use to find uncategorised projects.

I think Sanan is looking elsewhere though.  In the admin section, the project list is all projects in alphabetic order, not grouped by category.

sanan sanan January 24, 2018

Hi Nic and Warren, 

Thanks for your responses. 

Nic, you are right again. I am actually looking at the admin section so that I can get the list of all the projects (restricted ones also) but unfortunately, it does not group the projects in categories. 

I just did a workaround. I copied all the columns from there and pasted in an excel sheet. In excel it is easy to sort and filter and all, you see. so I got what I wanted.

thanks

Sanan

Suggest an answer