how to get issueId for a given task ?

SergeZ September 15, 2013

Hi everyone!

Does anybody know how to get issueId for a given task ? Suppose I've created a new task titled in the following manner ("title-4343" ). Number has not been added by myself. Practice shows that "4343" is not an issueId of the task ( I wish it would be )... So, how could I know the exact issueId for created task ?

Very appreciate your attention!

Thanks a lot!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2013

Hello Sergey Zaystsev,

You view the Page Source from the browser and find something like

<li><a id="key-val" rel="512281" href="/browse/title-4343">title-4343</a></li>

in that 512281 like number is the id for the issue title-4343.

SergeZ September 15, 2013

thank you, it works! But now I do think on how to automate this in order to use such approach in programme code... Or may be there is another way to find _id_ in a more programmable way

Like Seena Schmitt likes this
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2013

Programmatically you use issue object to get id and based on the scenario you can get the issue object.

Refer document and use as issue.getId()

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2013

hi Sergey Zaystsev,

do you get the issue id ?

0 votes
Brian Spence
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2015

May not be the easiest or most direct way to get there, but here is what I do (in Chrome):

1. View Source (F12)
  2. Right Click the Issue Key and select Inspect - This highlights the needed row in the Source view
  3. Note the number in the (rel="12345") entry.

See attached.

JIRA - Finding Field ID for a specific Issue.png

0 votes
SergeZ September 17, 2013

Yes, I got it in two ways - first as you described above, second - rest/api/2/issue/{issueTitleHere} and read the response ( json ). IssueId is also available there.

Currently there is another thing which bothers me much more - 212929 ticket... Can you give some guidence on that ?

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2013

Sergey Zaytsev,

appreciated if you accept as an answer for this question. Also I don't have much idea about Zephyrs plugin you mentioned above.

Suggest an answer