how to get an open bugs over time report

Ken Mihara May 16, 2012

We are in need of the following report, preferably available as a gadget in the Jira dashboard. I'm not sure what product I need to get this, or whether there is a third party community of developers that build custom gadgets to share with other users?

Our Need:

Bar chart

X-Axis: Time (say daily vertical bar charts for the past thirty days)

Y-Axis: Total number of open defects , broken down by severity

So for each day, there is one vertical bar representing all of the open defects on that given day. Each bar is broken down into, say, three sections - one representing HIGH priority, one representing MEDIUM priority, and one representing LOW priority. It would be nice if one could click on each section and get a issue list of all of the bugs for that day of that priority, but I could live without that. So this chart provides an open bug trend report for the past 30 days. Pretty standard stuff - can JIra do it?

Can anyone out there provide any advice?

Thank you in advance,

4 answers

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2012

What comes OOTB is this one http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Adding+the+Recently+Created+Issues+Gadget

To use it for your usecase, you may need to create three such gadgets using three filters for each of your priorities.

Another one which you can use if you are ready to install plugins is this one (I guess this can directly achieve what you need)

https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugins/com.tngtech.gadgets.jira-barchart-gadget-plugin

0 votes
mwarton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2014

The Intelligent Reports plugin can create this chart for you in a report, but not on the JIRA dashboard.

You can format your chart (bar, line or whatever you like) in Word, then fill in the data with simple point and click rules. In this case you could use a cumulative flow diagram only showing the open state for the past thirty days, restricted by a JQL query (of filter) of the bugs of interest.

0 votes
Ken Mihara May 17, 2012

Hello Renjith,

I appreciate your response. I installed the barchart plugin and it works great, except for one critical thing. On the doman axis (x-axis), I want it to be creation date - which doesn't seem to be an option. Is there a way to do this? Thanks.

Ken

AndreasS January 20, 2014

Hello Ken,

could you solve this or is it still an issue?

Cheers,
Andreas

0 votes
Ken Mihara May 17, 2012

Hello Renjith,

I appreciate your response. I installed the barchart plugin and it works great, except for one critical thing. On the doman axis (x-axis), I want it to be creation date - which doesn't seem to be an option. Is there a way to do this? Thanks.

Ken

Suggest an answer