how to find who moved the issues to the Review phase

Karthika Thangavel April 5, 2021

I would like a query data in JIRA to show the following details:

• JIRA story IDs
  • Description,
  • Date “approved”...aka ready for grooming.
  • Who moved the issues to the Review phase

how we can fetch these details in JIRA .

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2021

Hi @Karthika Thangavel ,

It would be best if you could provide more details on how this specific workflow is created, as well as all of its options (conditions, triggers, validators, post functions etc). Maybe it could be something in there that we could use, in order to get to your results. Do you restrict issue movement by assignee, reporter, or specific group/project role?

However it's going to be rather hard, to nearly impossible, to query the history of an issue natively.

Karthika Thangavel April 5, 2021

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

I want to know the below detils

• Who moved the issues to the Review phase in particular project .(Marketing -Project name )
  • JIRA story IDs
  • Description,

shall i go with query or plugin wise? we can use any plugin for fetching those details?

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2021

Natively and out of the box, you can't do that.

What I would propose is:

• Create a User Picker Custom Field (in my example my new field is named "custom user picker field")
  • Add a post function to all statuses that leads to Review Phase status, to which you will update a custom field. Set "custom user picker field" to be equal to %%CURRENT_USER%%
    postfuncction.png
  • Create your query as such and replace the "In Progress" status with your status: project = APS AND status changed TO "In Progress" order by created DESC
  • Add on the result columns the "custom user picker field"
    results.png

From now on you can get this information without the use of a plugin.
Hope that helps!

Alex

Suggest an answer