how to extract a field in jira

Sunil P February 21, 2016

I have a field called Severity which shows up in the Navigation screen, but when I take a export of all fields, the field Severity is not exported to excel. Can someone help to how this field can be there in the extract.

4 answers

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2016

Use the Better Excel Plugin with the "All fields" export type.

You have not mentioned what is the custom field type of your Severity field, but this add-on supports all built-in custom field types plus many others implemented by add-ons, so this will probably work.

0 votes
Sunil P February 21, 2016

Its a custom field

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2016

What sort of field is the Severity field? It's not included by default in JIRA so it must be a custom field or add-on field.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2016

Exported all Fieds, you mean export via a search filter? Then I guess your field severity has probably a context on project or issue type. But your filter has no clause on the context. So add to your JQL "project = <ContextProject>" or "issueType =<ContextIssueType>".

Then you should be able to export the field.

Suggest an answer