how to execute sql() routine of JJUPIN to save data in database

eric anier
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2015

hi,

I have a procedure in oracle db which insert new data on a custom table and a commit at the end. Calling this procedure directly from my db tool(toad) it works fine.

But using JJUPIN sql() routine in a SIL script and calling it from SIL RUNNER Gadget, it doesnt work.

Is it possible to execute insert statement with sql() routine from Sil Runner Gadget?

sqlDo = "execute CUSTOM_PKG.INSERTDATA('test')";
sqlResult = sql("JiraDB", sqlDo);

I have been using sql() routine and Sil Runner Gadget successfully many times but just querying data from external table.

Regards,

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2015

OK, how about trying such script?:

string param1 = "'test'";
string sqlDo = "begin CUSTOM_PKG.INSERTDATA("+param1+"); end;";
string[] sqlResult = sql("JiraDB", sqlDo);
1 vote
Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2015

Hi Eric,

You have a procedure there. You have to use a different routine for that: https://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/SIL30/sqlCallStoredProcedure. If you need out params, check the very similar routine designed for this task.

HTH,

Silviu

eric anier
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2015

Hi Silviu, how do i do this in JJUPIN 2.6? Regards,

Alexandra Topoloaga
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2015

Hi Eric, The routine is available since JJUPIN 3.0. I suggest you to update to JJUPIN 3.0 since, in addition to bugfixes, we also added lots of features, including structures and error handling in SIL language. Alexandra

eric anier
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2015

Hi Alexandra, We will upgrade but not yet this time, do we have any other way to execute a procedure from Sil Runner Gadget? a workaround perhaps? Regards,

Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2015

Short answer: no workaround Long answer: There is https://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/SIL/system routine, if you can manage to invoke an sql command using it, you have the solution for your problem.

eric anier
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2015

Thanks I'll give it a try...

0 votes
Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2015

What type of data are your parameters?

You can try this way:

string param1 = "'test'";
string sqlDo = "execute CUSTOM_PKG.INSERTDATA("+param1+")";
string[] sqlResult = sql("JiraDB", sqlDo);
eric anier
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2015

Hi Blazej, I even tried a procedure without parameter, just directly insert and commit, it just doesnt work. Probably need to upgrade for this routine sqlCallStoredProcedure. Regards,

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2015

Damn, maybe that's because Oracle handles it differently. We use above approach a lot in MS SQL and it works OK. Are you absolutely sure, that db user used in the JNDI source have permission to execute procedures and/or write data?

eric anier
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2015

yup, user used on JNDI/DB Tool is the same, and it works when using DB Tool.

eric anier
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2015

Hi Blazej, Can you share how you define your JNDI source?

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2015

Sure, however it's a congiuration to ms sql, not oracle: <Resource name="myJNDIname" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource" username="myDBuser" password="myDBpassword" driverClassName="net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver" url="jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://mySERVERaddress" />

eric anier
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2015

its same with ours.. :(

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2015

Ok, one more thought. Have you looked into the logs? What response do you get when you try to call the procedure?

eric anier
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2015

This is the error log, any idea? 2015-08-13 18:54:14,894 pool-15-thread-1 ERROR eric1000 582x2403x1 jxc0go 192.168.10.10 /rest/keplerrominfo/jjupin/latest/rungadget/run [commons.sil.routines.SQLRoutine] Could not execute SQL >>execute PKG.INSERTDATA('Test')<< on database JiraDB. java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:440) at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:396)

eric anier
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2015

wow... it works.. thanks a lot

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2015

Point for google :> I've never used oracle in my life, just googled it up :D I'm glad it works :) I'll convert the above comment to an answer, someone might use it in future :)

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2015

P.S. If my answer was helpful and worked, please, accept it as an answer to your question :)

eric anier
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2015

sure, convert it to answer..

Suggest an answer