how to edit shared filters? I have administrator role.

Gururaja Narayana Murthy May 22, 2012

Hi,

I admin our JIRA instance and wanted to know if editing shared filters and dashboard is possible for admin users. I have a dashboard created by a colleage which is in wide use and now I want to edit it (and not make a copy and use it) so, the people who are using it won't need to replace it with new one.

Is managing shared filters is possible in jira on-demand?

Regards,

Guru

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2012

Hi Guru,

As I see in Jira, being an Administrator only gives you the possibility to change the owner of the filter. I would recommend to change the owner to you, make the changes and then reasign to the original owner of the filter. This would be because you can only change filters that you own.

Cheers!

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2012

Glad it helped!

Gururaja Narayana Murthy May 22, 2012

Thanks Ramiro.. You saved my day!

Regards,

Guru

Nicholas Garofalo December 10, 2012

This works, but is a sort of clumsy work-around. Is this the only solution or can permissions be edited to allow this? If it is the only solution, where can I file a feature request. :)

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2012
Nicholas. Put it in jira.atlassian.com

Suggest an answer