how to display agile scrum boards in plan or work mode

Apoorva Kiyawat June 9, 2015

Hi,

I have just created a new cloud based JIRA for evaluation. I have created a project, components, versions, issues and a sprint. Have also created a board but I am a bit confused as I am not able to see all the information that I could see earlier. By earlier I mean 2-3 months ago. I have just joined another company in another country.

looking for...

how to display boards in plan / work mode

how to display total remaining time in a sprint on the board. The sprint displays remaining time for each task but I want the totals under the sprint for total remaining, total original estimate etc. This was available before. 

Thanks,

Apoorva

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2015

>how to display boards in plan / work mode

Go to the board.  It will be displayed in one of those two modes, with the option to switch to the other at the top right, labelled with plan or work as appropriate.

>how to display total remaining time in a sprint

Have a look at the charts associated with the board - I'm afraid the time remaining has never been displayed on scrum/kanban boards, but is on one of the old-style boards, so I suspect you're referring to old versions of agile (or greenhopper)

Apoorva Kiyawat June 9, 2015

Thanks a lot Nic, >how to display boards in plan / work mode I am logged in as administrator but when I click on the button 'Board' it ONLY gives me the below option - configure - copy - create board - show detail view - expand all swimlanes [greyed out i.e. disabled] - collapse all swimlanes [greyed out] - hide epic labels Somehow there is no plan / work mode option :( >how to display total remaining time in a sprint You are right.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2015

The "board" button is the configure, look to the left of it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2015

Oh, sorry. Or you've created a Kanban board, instead of scrum, in which case, there is no "plan" mode.

Apoorva Kiyawat June 10, 2015

Selection_017.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2015

Ah, sorry, your question implied you were using the old project view. Try clicking "active sprints" on the left nav bar.

Suggest an answer