how to display Perforce changelists committed for a JIRA issue ?

Stefan Schablowski December 16, 2012

I have set up Perforce and JIRA and connected them using FishEye. All my JIRA issues have an associated Perforce job which is automatically updated when I modify the issue.

How can I now show the changelists in Perforce that were committed for a JIRA issue ? I do see the information if a Perforce job exists for an issue and I can modify that, but I don't get any further information.

I have searched the JIRA and FishEye UIs, but couldn't find anything. I've also tried to install FishEye gadgets in my JIRA dashboard, but the two I could find are hopeless - I can't get anything useful out of them :-(

What am I doing wrong ? Is this functionality available at all ?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stefan Schablowski January 14, 2013

This issue eventually resolved itself, when (presumably after a number of restarts of JIRA and/or FishEye) two additional tabs 'Source' and 'Reviews' appear under 'Activity' in each JIRA issue that display the information I was after. Would help to mention the required restarts in the docs.

1 vote
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

You can achieve this by installing the perforce viewer in jira plugin. This plugin displays perforce changelist(commit) info in a tab on the associated JIRA issue.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.syncnice.jira.plugin.jira4p4

Rahul

Stefan Schablowski January 14, 2013

This is not required, the whole purpose of FishEye is exactly the functionality you describe.

Yves Nicodem March 6, 2013

Fisheye might offer a similar solution, but here no developer will use Perforce-Jobs, which Fisheye is based on. The plugin from syncnice has just been using the description of the submission from Perforce. That was THE feature.

It seems that Syncnice is no longer available?

Yves

James Holden March 12, 2013

Regarding Syncnice.com, I found https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/133691/i-just-installed-qc-adapter-rest-plugin-may-i-know-how-to-configure-it

Turns out it was a one man shop in Beijing using other vendor's product. And got shut down. What a waste of my time...

vivekbharathi Jothimani June 29, 2016

When I try to enable Perforce Job Integration, I am getting an error saying that

Problem connecting to Perforce: 
com.perforce.api.CommitException java.io.IOException: Perforce client error: Connect to server failed; check $P4PORT. TCP connect to url:1666 failed. No such host is known.

Can you help me with it.

Thanks in Advance

0 votes
James Holden March 11, 2013

Does anyone know what happened to Syncnice.com and all its products. It is all of a sudden gone from Atlassian website and Syncnice.com is unreachable...

Very strange.

Yves Nicodem March 12, 2013

So actually it was in my eyes the best product available for this kind of synchronisation. Does anyone know, who is the original vendor, or where I can get a licence?

Suggest an answer