how to disable backup service

Jerry Lee March 20, 2014

my jira version is 5.2.11, i dont want to run auto backup when i restart jira servcie and every 12 hours. how can i disable auto bakcup service?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2014

Admin -> Services and delete the backup service (you can always add it back if you change your mind)

Jerry Lee March 23, 2014

hi service, i still have some question.

1. if i delete backup service, can i run manual backup?

2. my atlassian support tools version is 3.025, how can i uninstall it and re-install new version?

3. my os and java is 32 bit, when increase jvm to 2GB, i can't start jira service. do i need to decrease ThreadStackSize to 512? how to do?

4. if i will migrate my jira system from 32 bit to 64 bit, do you have suggestion?

thanks a lot.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2014

1. Yes

2. Don't - it's part of the system and you don't want to mess around removing it. Check the UPM for updates, and if that doesn't say anything, leave it well alone

3. Probably not. Java memory tuning is not that simple. You probably don't have enough memory to run it a 2Gb - read the log to find out what's going on

4. Install a clean, empty 64 bit Jira, take a copy of the database and point the new install at the database copy, test it.

Jerry Lee March 23, 2014

for 2, i can't see update for support tools , only uninstall and delete. how to update?

for 4, no need import xml backup, only use db dump?

thanks a lot.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2014

If the UPM is not suggesting an update then you shouldn't do one. Whatever version of the plugin you are thinking of trying to install is not compatible with your Jira. Forget it, it's not worth the bother.

Yes, I'd copy the database with native tools. The data won't actually change if you stay with precisely the same version of Jira (the 32/64 is irrelevant to the data)

Jerry Lee March 23, 2014

how about jira license? can i use same license key import to new 64bit jira?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2014

That should work fine, but I can't remember if the server ID will change. If it does, then you'll need to re-generate your licence key. But that's it, your licence is valid to run one Production copy of Jira, and it doesn't care about versions (unless it's expired and you want to move to a version released after it expired)

Suggest an answer