hi service, i still have some question.
1. if i delete backup service, can i run manual backup?
2. my atlassian support tools version is 3.025, how can i uninstall it and re-install new version?
3. my os and java is 32 bit, when increase jvm to 2GB, i can't start jira service. do i need to decrease ThreadStackSize to 512? how to do?
4. if i will migrate my jira system from 32 bit to 64 bit, do you have suggestion?
thanks a lot.
2. Don't - it's part of the system and you don't want to mess around removing it. Check the UPM for updates, and if that doesn't say anything, leave it well alone
3. Probably not. Java memory tuning is not that simple. You probably don't have enough memory to run it a 2Gb - read the log to find out what's going on
4. Install a clean, empty 64 bit Jira, take a copy of the database and point the new install at the database copy, test it.
If the UPM is not suggesting an update then you shouldn't do one. Whatever version of the plugin you are thinking of trying to install is not compatible with your Jira. Forget it, it's not worth the bother.
Yes, I'd copy the database with native tools. The data won't actually change if you stay with precisely the same version of Jira (the 32/64 is irrelevant to the data)
That should work fine, but I can't remember if the server ID will change. If it does, then you'll need to re-generate your licence key. But that's it, your licence is valid to run one Production copy of Jira, and it doesn't care about versions (unless it's expired and you want to move to a version released after it expired)
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot