how to diffrentitate issue type while you link one issue type to other if diffrent codes is not possible for issue type?

bhanubp February 12, 2013

we have Story and enchament issue types under the same project. when i want to link one to other. how could i diffrentiate the other issue type as the Issue key will start with the same code.

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2013

When you link the Issue a screen appears where you select the Issue you want to link to.

There are displayed(in this order) issuetype (as icon), issuekey, issue summary

so you can distinguish the issuetypes by their Icon (if they don't have the same)

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2013

I've found it. You're using an old version of Jira that doesn't have the columns there. I was looking at 5.2

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2013

Bhanu: Time to ugprade :)

0 votes
bhanubp April 29, 2013

we have upgraded to 5.2.7. now i able to see what i want to. thanks for all your anwers.

0 votes
bhanubp April 23, 2013

we are going to upgrade now.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2013

I can see the icons under Issue Links ...

0 votes

I am able to see the icons and key while click on more actions link and select the issue key. so after adding the link. under "Issue Links" the Icon is not visiable.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2013

I'm curious - why do you need to differentiate between them in order to create a link between them?

That might help explain why I ask the second question - where do you need to use this information? Are you coding for something? Front end javascript? Back end Java in a plugin? Something else?

I am able to see the icons and key while click on more actions link and select the issue key. so after adding the link. under "Issue Links" the Icon is not visiable.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2013

I don't understand that. Could you give us a screenshot of what you are seeing?

you can see the dropdown is showing up the icon . but not when it added under Issue Links

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2013

Yup, that's broken. I get icons in that section.

Could you

• Try another browser (IE is poor at standards and often gets stuff wrong, it's always worth checking for "IE is broken as usual")
  • Confirm if you've done any customisations around this area?

it's same in other browser aswell. i didn't made any changes under link sections. however i have created all the issue types for this project.

Suggest an answer