• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • how to diffrentitate issue type while you link one issue type to other if diffrent codes is not possible for issue type?

how to diffrentitate issue type while you link one issue type to other if diffrent codes is not possible for issue type?

we have Story and enchament issue types under the same project. when i want to link one to other. how could i diffrentiate the other issue type as the Issue key will start with the same code.

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

When you link the Issue a screen appears where you select the Issue you want to link to.

There are displayed(in this order) issuetype (as icon), issuekey, issue summary

so you can distinguish the issuetypes by their Icon (if they don't have the same)

2 votes

I've found it. You're using an old version of Jira that doesn't have the columns there. I was looking at 5.2

Bhanu: Time to ugprade :)

0 votes

I'm curious - why do you need to differentiate between them in order to create a link between them?

That might help explain why I ask the second question - where do you need to use this information? Are you coding for something? Front end javascript? Back end Java in a plugin? Something else?

I am able to see the icons and key while click on more actions link and select the issue key. so after adding the link. under "Issue Links" the Icon is not visiable.

I don't understand that. Could you give us a screenshot of what you are seeing?

you can see the dropdown is showing up the icon . but not when it added under Issue Links

Yup, that's broken. I get icons in that section.

Could you

• Try another browser (IE is poor at standards and often gets stuff wrong, it's always worth checking for "IE is broken as usual")
  • Confirm if you've done any customisations around this area?

it's same in other browser aswell. i didn't made any changes under link sections. however i have created all the issue types for this project.

I am able to see the icons and key while click on more actions link and select the issue key. so after adding the link. under "Issue Links" the Icon is not visiable.

I can see the icons under Issue Links ...

we are going to upgrade now.

we have upgraded to 5.2.7. now i able to see what i want to. thanks for all your anwers.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,438 views 15 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you