how to define the script of the condition to be met using send a custom email script runner script

Hi,

i'm trying to set up a "send a custom email" script runner post function and I struggle to define the script of the condition to be met.

the condition is based on a checkboxes custom field. The field should be equal to a specific value.

I tried to select "Has string custom field value equal to " in the suggested examples but it does not work and I click Preview, the condition is set as false.

would you have any idea of the right code to write for a checkboxes custom field?

thanks in advance

melissa

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

You may find it easier to use the cfValues map which is passed in:

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/recipes/workflow/validators/simple-scripted-validators.html#_validating_a_multi_select_option_is_selected

As Thanos said, with checkboxes it can be multiple. To check for a single specific checkbox being checked, and no others, you'd use:

cfValues['Name of field']*.value == ['An item']

thanks a lot to you both. It perfectly works. Just another question : is there a way to reformat the email body and configure a line break for each custom field ? many thanks for your help. it's great

Hi... I'm not sure what you mean. If using html use <p> markers.. If you paste more of the template that would help us answer.

great! i did not know the use of <p> markers ! I'm very very new in coding ! thanks a lot ot's perfect now

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Melissa

Below there is a script where you can use in order to get the checkbox values 

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import java.util.ArrayList

def customField2 = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("checkbox")
ArrayList listOfCheckBoxValues = issue.getCustomFieldValue(customField2) as ArrayList

if (!listOfCheckBoxValues)
	return false

if (listOfCheckBoxValues*.value.contains("option1"))
	return true
else 
    return false

A note. By default you can select more than one boxes therefore you always get a list of selected values. In case you want to use radio buttons where by default you can select only one value the script will be slightly different. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

578 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you