how to customize email content when issue re-assigned to some other user. it should include the issue-type

how we can modify the re-assigned ticket email content should include the issue-type, only we will get the issue type in email while creating new ticket,

Could you please help us to how to customize email content when issue re-assigned to some other user. it should include the issue-type

1 answer

0 votes

Find the "reassigned" template and follow the guide at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/customizing-email-content-185729653.html

Hi Nic, i didn't fin the reassigned template file, we have below list of files 

/opt/atlassian/jira/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/email/html
[root@vdev-jira html]# ls
issuecommentedited.vm issueupdated.vm
contactadministrator.vm issuecommented.vm issueworklogdeleted.vm
emailfromadmintext.vm issuecreated.vm issueworklogged.vm
emailfromadmin.vm issuedeleted.vm issueworklogupdated.vm
filtersubscription.vm issuegenericevent.vm issueworkstarted.vm
forgotpassword.vm issuementioned.vm issueworkstopped.vm
forgotusernames.vm issuemoved.vm usercreated-nopassword.vm
includes issuenotify.vm usercreated.vm
issueassigned.vm issuereopened.vm usersignup.vm
issueclosed.vm issueresolved.vm

i have tried with create new file based on issueassigned.vm but it didn't work for me, if it possible can you share the .vm file content with me.

Sorry, yes, I slipped up.  There is no reassigned template.  It's the assigned one that you have found.

What changes have you made to that and did you restart JIRA?  Oh, and are you definitely set up to use html email in your profile?

Hi Nic,

After re-starting the JIRA it's working fine but i have edited template in 

/opt/atlassian/jira/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/email-template-id-mappings.xml

in line number 15 changed <template>issueassigned.vm</template> to <template>assigned.vm</template> ,

if i am comment exiting one, i am not getting any email.

I would undo the changes you've made to the mapping file.  You don't need to change anything in there, and it's probably why you're not getting any emails.  All you need to do here is edit the assigned.vm file.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

26,948 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you