how to create a list of approvers for a workflow

Diane Swan September 1, 2016

3 answers

1 vote
Marie F. Kent August 12, 2017

Hi Diane,
Not sure if you still need this, but to create the pre-defined approver list do the following:

1. Navigate to Project Settings/Request Types
  2. Select the request type
  3. Click Hide next to the Approvers field
  4. A user-select dialog will open to allow you to enter the approvers

Thanks,
Marie

patrick September 18, 2019

I do not see the "Approvers field" on the Project Settings/Request Types page.  Did this move somewhere else?

Like Valerie_Sifton likes this
0 votes
Mark Dodd May 17, 2018

Another way, which may get the same result is to create an automation / customer rule

1. When Issue created
  2. Edit Issue
  3. Field = Approvers
  4. value = approver list

Cheers,

Mark

0 votes
Lorenzo Bueno
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2016

Hello Diane,

I think that this Documentation has all the information you may need.

I hope this helps!

Diane Swan September 1, 2016

Hi Lorenzo

Thanks but doesn't quite explain what I am trying to do. I have a workflow with an approval stage. I have set it to accept 1 approval, but would like to preconfigure a list of approvers so that the all of the listed approves get an email and any one of them can approve or decline.

I have not been able to do this. If I click the edit buttion on the queued requests, there is an approver box which is empty. The agent can use the "user-picker" to add one or more approves, which then alerts those people when the agent updates. I had hoped I could just pre-populate the list of approvers.

I hope that makes sense.

Diane

Like # people like this
Andrea Rodriguez January 19, 2021

Hi @Diane Swan 

Were you able to solve this situation? Can you share the way in which it was resolved?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer