how to correlation Jira OnDemand version to Jira server version

Ken Wood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2016

When migrating from OnDemand to server, all the documentation keeps stressing the importance of  having both JIRA instances running the same version. But OnDemand and Server use different version names. I can't seem to find a table or chart or page or something that provides correlation between OnDemand and corresponding Server version.

Does such a thing exist? If so, where can I find it?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2016

Actually, it doesn't matter.  Cloud (not OnDemand, it was renamed years ago) is almost always ahead of Server versions.

So there's a really simple rule - use the absolute latest server version available.

If you do decide to do something like "export now, then import that file in 3 months time", yes, you might not need the latest version of Server, but you can correlate the server release date with your export date/time.

Ken Wood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2016

Thanks. FYI I see the terms "cloud" and "OnDemand" so often I don't think about it, just use whatever pops into my head smile

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2016

I know, but I get told off for not saying it wink

Suggest an answer