how to clean the audit log

Swetha Bammidi August 2, 2016

Hi,

How to cleanup the audit log completely before setting up another fresh instance with old jira instance data.

Regards,

Swetha

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2016

Do you mean the audit log in JIRA administration? When you import a full backup, it wipes out the old audit log and replaces it with audit log of the instance you are importing.

Swetha Bammidi August 2, 2016

Hi,

I have done this .. still i see auditlog.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2016

Hmm, I might have got it wrong then. Did you try clearing it directly from DB? Delete rows from "audit_log" table.

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 3, 2016

Make sure you take JIRA offline before doing that!

Swetha Bammidi August 4, 2016

Hi,

yes, i have removed data from below 3 tables

• audit_log
  • audit_item
  • audit_changed_value

Swetha Bammidi August 4, 2016

The audit log history completely wiped out

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2016

cool!

Deleted user December 14, 2017

HI, I am looking for manually clean up under Audit Log, any jira admin operation can be done under System tab , not the database level ?

I can export, modify the setting, can I 'shrink' the list or intentionally remove some Category away from audit log ? 

cc

@Swetha Bammidi and @Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer