how-to-change-the-workflow-buttons-on-the-issue-screen

Senouci Zoulikha May 13, 2014

how-to-change-the-workflow-buttons-on-the-issue-screen ?

7 answers

1 vote
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2014

follow this link and find the answer https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/41160/can-i-show-all-available-workflow-steps-in-an-issue

change the value to 10

ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions = 10

1 vote
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2014

Hi,

if you want to change to order of this buttons read this manual https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/142540/how-to-change-the-workflow-buttons-on-the-issue-screen

Hi all

My question is about to change the numbre of transition on the issue type screen.

At the time , only 7 transitions are display on the issue screen , I woul like 10.

Thanks

0 votes
Senouci Zoulikha May 19, 2014

I will apply your recommandations with my team developpers.

Thanks all for your help,

Regards

0 votes
Senouci Zoulikha May 19, 2014

I will apply your recommandations with my team developpers.

Thanks all for your help,

Regards

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2014

Hello Senouci,

JIRA, by default will show you 3 transition buttons. You can change this value at your convenience just creating/updating the file jira-config.properties into your JIRA HOME FOLDER adding the following parameter

ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions = 5

Regards,

fabio

codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2014

I know she wants 10 transitions :-) see my answer.

0 votes
BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2014

Hi Senouci,

The number of transitions that are displayed depend on the number of transitions that are linked to your current issue status (see issue workflow). Why do you want to display more transitions then there are actually leaving from your current status?

Maybe a screenshot can help?

HI Benji,

impossible to upload my screenshot.

A need more buttons because on may issue type screen there is dropdown"Worklflow" with transactions.

So Ten is much but I plan to put less.

Tanks for all,

Have a good day

0 votes
BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2014

Hi Senouci,

This is done automatically by the workflow engine. For every workflow status some transitions can be defined and the names of these transitions will be visible as workflow buttons on top of the issue screen. For instance if your issue is in the Open status and from this status a transition called 'Close Issue' leaving to the Closed status. In this case the user will see a workflow button called 'Close Issue'. More information on workflows can be found here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow

The visibility of workflows can be changed by adding conditions to a certain transition. Then the transition will only be visible as a workflow button if the requirements for that condition are met. Otherwise the workflow button (and transition) will be hidden for the user.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer