how to change pages direction in jira

mehran haghani July 19, 2013

Hi ,

how can i change page direction from ltr to rtl in jira? and how can i change gadgets direction?

thanks a lot

2 answers

0 votes

i done it by put some css in Announcement Banner but i think there must be a better way to done it.

is there any guide about jsp files , that help me to understand and modify them?

thanks

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2013

I assume you want to translate the app into a language like Hebrew/Persian/Arabic/Urdu etc? I'm afraid the software doesn't have the css to enable it properly yet.

See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-15355 and vote for it

If I've misunderstood your question and you aren't talking about right-to-left languages, then could you expand on the question?

you are correct, i want to translate the app

is it possible to change pages direction through jsp files(in decorators)?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2013

I think it's more about the css in the core of the application than the .jsp files, but yes, I believe you could do it. I don't believe it's a small or simple change though, otherwise Atlassian probably would have done it a long time ago, and I think there's a lot of css to go through

I referred you to an issue about doing this in Jira, but it's linked to a Confluence issue too. I only glanced at that, but someone had attached some css files and made some suggestions that might give you some ideas.

Suggest an answer