how to change email or password even when User Directory (Active Directory) is enabled?

María Alejandra Ruiz March 11, 2015

I have JIRA with Microsoft Active Directory (Read Only with Local Groups) and the option External Password Management set with OFF in General Configuration, but I can't change user's password neither email.
We need test the workflow with multiple users and test de notifications with my email.

2 answers

1 vote
João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2015

Hi Maria!

I've answered this inquiry under your issue raised in Atlassian Support, but I just saw the question over here and decided to replicate the answer so that other customers can use it for future reference. wink

As described on our documentation regarding integration with LDAP, directories setup with _"Read Only"_ or _"Read Only with Local Groups"_ permission won't authorize JIRA to perform any changes to users on the directory.

You can surely edit this setting to grant JIRA _"Read/Write"_ permission on the directory, that way you should be able to edit any detail you might want to directly in JIRA's _User Management_ interface.

Let me know if you need any additional clarification on this matter. I'll do my best to help out! ;)

Cheers!

Joao

0 votes
David Di Blasio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2015

Hi Maria, 

A (read only with local groups) ldap connector won't give you access to modify the user information. What I would suggest to do is create test users in the internal directory and use them for this type of testing. This is basically what I do in this scenario. 

Suggest an answer