how to change a project lead in 7.1

Stephen Galway October 5, 2016

We are new to JIRA and the person who started us on this road has left, I would like to deactivate his account but I cant as he was the lead on 2 projects, I have looks at other posts about this but none of the solutions have worked, I don't want to delete the whole project as I would then have to rebuild it.

Can anyone help?

3 answers

3 votes

Hi Bart

Thanks for the quick response, all goes well until step 4 there is no pencil icon next to the Project lead that I wish to change this is where I have become stuck sad any other thoughts? 

Yes and when I open the Admin page it ask for my password and I have a bar at the top of the screen that says "you have temporary access to administrative functions. Drop access if you no longer require it. For more information, refer to the documentation." but as I say still no pencil.

Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2016

Have you tried this:

tephen, it might be different do you see "Edit defaults" in the upper right corner at step 4? You can change the project lead there.

Hi, there is Edit Project which allows me to change the name of the project and the avatar but no users, there is also Actions which allows me to change project type or delete project or Re-index project and that is all.

0 votes
Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2016

Stephen, it might be different do you see "Edit defaults" in the upper right corner at step 4? You can change the project lead there.

0 votes
Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2016

1. go to administration page (cogwheel symbol in the upper right corner, select projects)

2. select the project you need to change under projects menu

3. go to the Roles section --> view project roles

4. click on the pencial icon next to the project lead name and change

Suggest an answer