how to cange the user of an issue because of the status in the workflow?

Christian Wollny October 13, 2013

HI there,

i want to assign the user to an issue because of the status in the worflow:

status1 -> User1

status2 -> User1

status3 -> User1

status4 -> User1

status5 -> User2

status6 -> User2

status7 -> User1

status8 -> User2

status9 -> User2

status10 -> User1

status11 -> User1

status12 -> User2

status13 -> User2

status14 -> User1

status15 -> User1

can anyone help me ?

thanks for answers... :D

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2013

you select Add Postfunction in your workflow transition and select Update Issue Field postfunction as

and press Add then select Assignee in Issue Field and Value as your wished User.

Second thing you cannot add a group to an assignee field. Groups are allowed to restrict issues in Security Schemes & Notification Schemes.

Instead you have option that you make customfield for assignee with Group picker type.

0 votes
Christian Wollny October 14, 2013

it works now, thanks a lot for your help !

0 votes

okay thaks a lot!

i will do this now and then write here, when i have success. :D

0 votes

Thanks for your answer!

I will try this, but with the post-function, can i also assign the issue to a user-group ?

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2013

No, you can't assigne the issue to group!!

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 13, 2013

You mean you want to assign the issue to specific users when you move the issue to a new status? If so, you can do it in the workflow post function of the transition. Just add a post function to update issue field (assignee in this case).

Suggest an answer