how to assign a permission scheme to a project for next gen projects

anasuya August 29, 2019

I have created a new next project. Also copied and edited the default permission scheme.  Now how can I associate the next gen project with this new permission scheme

1 answer

1 vote
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2019

Hi @anasuya

next-gen project doesn't make use of permission schemes. Permissions for users are defined by the project access level and their assigned role. Please have a look at the available documentation. :) 

Overview of permissions in next-gen projects

Best, Max

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2019

Hey @anasuya,

just checking back with you. Did this help in answering your question or do you need additional support here? Please consider accepting answers in the community if they provide a solution to your question so other users can better identify answered questions around here. Thanks a lot! :)

Best, Max 

Mikaela Bertucci September 17, 2020

I just went through the whole process of creating permissions as per instructions 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/managing-project-permissions-776636362.html 

To find out it doesn't work in Jira next gen ... ugh

Suggest an answer