how to assign a new created dashboard as the default one for a project

Operations Superviso Jira 2 January 2, 2014

Hi,

I have created a dashboard for a project and now I want to make it the default one for a group of users that will use this project.

I will appreciate help to do it as I cannot find how to do it.

Thanks

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Sorry but I cannot find the plugins / modules. I am using the OnDemand version. Could you please detail where to find them.

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2014

Oh, I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that when I was talking about coding. You have a limited set of admin rights for OnDemand, and I don't think you can disable the plugins that are considered "core". Such as the dashboards.

I don't really think it's useful to turn off dashboards though - they're by far the best way to involve users in Jira and get them to extract what they need from it without having to do lots of data mangling by hand.

0 votes

Well, if the user chose the "Issue Navigator" in the Profile, when the user log in it is redirected to the Issue management. That is what I would like to do but not having to check this option.

But I see that in the OnDemand version all this things are not allowed.

Thanks

0 votes

So I understand that it is not possible to disable the Dashboards in the OnDemand version. So the System Dashboard is the one that is displayed when the users log in until they change it, right?

And is it possible to automaticaly change for all users to show the Issue Navigator instead of the Dahsboard when they log in?

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2014

No. Users go to the dashboard when they log in.

That's the most logical place for them to land - on a page that they can customise to tell them things they need to know for themselves.

0 votes

Hi Nic,

And how can I turn off the dashboards completely?

And doing this, they still can mantain their own dashboard? So they cannot view the System dashboard or the one I created but they can create their owns?

thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 2, 2014

By disabling the plugins/modules that provide dashboards. Turn off every gadget except the login one.

Obviously, if you disable dashboards people cannot use them at all.

0 votes
RicardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2014

Hi Marian

Yes, you can limit the access to a Dashboard, please follow this documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Shared+Dashboards#ManagingSharedDashboards-ChangingtheOwnershipofaSharedDashboard

Hope it helps,

Ricardo Carracedo.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 2, 2014

You can't force dashboards on to individuals (without scripting/coding, which you can't do in OnDemand. And having them complain at you about messing with their settings, in my experience)

You'll need to ask all of them to click "favourite" for themselves

0 votes

And is it possible to deny the users to manage the Dashboards?

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 2, 2014

Not without turning off the dashboards completely. They can always maintain their own dashboard.

Suggest an answer