how to analyse open source projects in jira

Sam_ali April 2, 2013

I want to get all issues/bugs at "file/class level" of any open source project. Can you please guide me how to analyse an open source project like mozilla and give all issues at file/class level.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2013

That's a bit of a vague question, as "file/class level" does not apply to Jira - it's an issue tracker, not a source control system.

Even if you can define that relationship better, you'll still get the answer "it depends on how you are using it". It's easy to get a list of issues out of Jira, but it's up to you to understand what you're asking for, in the Jira that you are working with.

The obvious starting point though - run a filter/search in the Jira Project that relates to the software you're looking at. For example, if I wanted a list of bugs in Atlassian's Confluence, I'd search their Jira for bugs in the CNF (Confluence) project.

Sam_ali April 2, 2013

I see, Nic do you know any tool for looking into source control system coz i have to look into class level details to see which class/file has more errors/issues.?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2013

Pretty much as I said before - it depends on the source control system in use and how problems are logged against it.

I mean, if someone is using Git+Jira+Stash, then you can probably do some digging through those to see what files are most altered or have the most issues logged against them, as they share information well. But there's thousands of potential combinations of scm/tracking

Suggest an answer