how to allow only jira administrator to edit or delete the CR and its contents ?

Jaisy J June 16, 2013

Can any one tell me, how to allow only jira administrator to edit or delete the CR and its contents, i.e I need only the jira admins and the reporter to do the edit and only jira admins should be allowed to delete a CR. It's urgent please share your thoughts.Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2013

Look at the "permission scheme" for the project. It has lines like "edit" and "delete" - make sure the right settings are alongside them (i.e. "Edit" should say "jira admins" and "reporter", and the "delete" line should say only "jira admins")

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

Jaisy J June 16, 2013

Thank you for the link Nic.

1 vote
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2013

Hi, Goto Administration -> select the project -> check the permission scheme that you want to change -> click on the scheme to edit -> then edit the scheme as Nic Says, under the issue permissions you will be able to find edit issues and delete issues, add the details as Nic says.

Important : Don't delete the older issues if it is completed, you can close it, issues are there for the future reference, to check whether a new issue is duplicated or is it already implemented, if your server holds too many issues, try to archive it.

Hope this helps.

Jaisy J June 16, 2013

Thank you for the note.

Suggest an answer