how to add users to a project

Tim Ahrens September 8, 2014

I have created several epics, with several user stories added to one of the epics, and have also added several users, but when I go to assign the stories to other users, my name is the only name that it will accept.  If I go to user management, all the others appear in there.  How do I get these users that show up in the User Management area to show up in the assignee list.

1 answer

3 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj September 8, 2014

Hey Tim,

Make sure they have "Assignable user" permission in your project permission scheme.

Tim Ahrens September 8, 2014

Sorry, but that is not nearly enough detail to make sense.  For example, your documentation says, "Navigate to the 'Permission Schemes' screen using the quick operation: . + permission schemes.", but says nothing about where to find these "Permission Schemes", or what a "quick operation" is or how to use a "quick operation", so your instructions and the documentation are not helpful.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2014

It's not Bhushan's documentation - he, like me, is simply an end user. We don't write Atlassian's documentation (although some of us contribute when we can, and Atlassian do check and sometimes use our suggestions) Bhushan's answer is still correct too. You need to ensure that the user falls into the "can be assigned" permission. Where the docs say "navigate to the permission schemes screens", it is correct. I don't see that there is any more they can say there, unless you are expecting them to explain how to click on a link on a web page, or press + and select permission schemes. My best guess here is that you are not seeing the options detailed in the documentation because you are not an administrator.

Suggest an answer