how to add ldap user to jira-administrators group

Jaysheel Bhavsar November 1, 2017

Hey,

I would like to authenticate users using LDAP server we already have in place.  I am able to

a. configure User Management settings to connect to LDAP server

b. add LDAP group under Application Access

c. test and confirm that LDAP user is able to log in.

By default all users with LDAP group are assigned to JIRA-SOFTWARE group, which is fine, but there are few LDAP users I would like to add to lira-administrators group so they have admin privileges.  I haven't been able to do so.  I tried to

User Management > User > "Username" > Manage User 

select jira-administrator and say join group but that didn't do anything.

So the question is how do I add specific LDAP users to jira-administrator groups.

Thank you

Jaysheel

2 answers

1 vote
MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2017

Hello Jaysheel,

did you set the "Read Only, with Local Groups" option in the LDAP Permissions section when configuring LDAP User Directory? It is needed when you want to synchronize users from the LDAP server and then asign them to the groups stored in internal directory of JIRA.

Thx.

Milos 

0 votes
Gregor Kasmann_Actonic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2017

Any error specified when you try to add the user?

Jaysheel Bhavsar November 1, 2017

I don't get any errors.

Suggest an answer