how to add html announcement banner via jira-application.properties or sql

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

hi folks

according to this KB Page

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=54362277

i try to set the jira.alertheader via this property file..

how do i use this option? i didn't find any detailed explanations on how to insert multi line html code

i tried with just a simple "jira.alertheader= Test Info" but no announcement is shown.

or is it not possible to set that in jira-application.properties ?

i found out it can be set in the database directly

select pt.id, pt.propertyvalue from propertytext pt join propertyentry pe on pt.id=pe.id where pe.property_key='jira.alertheader';

and then

update propertytext set propertyvalue='' where id='<id from above>';

but i think the other solution is more comfortable isn't it?

background info:

i use a restore script to clone jira from production to standby...

on the standby host i need an announcement banner (public) to inform the user that he is not on the backup system.

thank you

8 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2013
Using sql works
0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2013
Using sql works
0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2013
Using sql works
0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2013
Using sql works
0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2013

Use jirahome/jira-config.properties

Flag is the same jira.alertheader

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2013
grep jira.alertheader /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/jira-config.properties
jira.alertheader=TEST
jira.alertheader.visibility=public

hi renjith.

it's not working. am i missing something?

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2013

really no idea?

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2013

oh lord...just now i see the note that this is an old version of the page....

as there is no version for current jira relase it means it won't work?

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2013

inserting into the database also not works for me

Suggest an answer