how to add associater or followers in a Jira Issue

Jignasha Dholakiya May 5, 2015

how to add associater or followers in a Jira Issue. For example, there are two fields one is assignee and reporter. If I want to add more persons that can contribute into particular issue then how can I add those persons, I did not found any field like associaters/followers in JIRA Issue tracker.

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2015

Hey Jignasha,

you could add a "single user picker" or "multi user picker" custom field  and name it participants f.e. 
There you could set associated user or followers-like.  

Administration -> custom fields -> add custom field (Standard for single user and advanced for multiple) and add it to your wanted screen.

BR
Simon 

0 votes
Anuj Aggarwal March 20, 2018

Thanks, it worked for me like a charm...

0 votes
Jignasha Dholakiya May 6, 2015

Hello Simon, It works. Thanks and highly appreciate for a quick help.

Jignasha Dholakiya May 6, 2015

Though I did it at issue level, I did not find the custom field option at project level or globally thru out every project. I want to add it globally.

Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2015

To add it globally you should set the custom field on the "Default Screen".

Suggest an answer